Wabash Valley Civil War Sesquicentennial Project
Civil War Locations in Decatur County, Indiana
Decatur County Courthouse
The Decatur County courthouse in Greensburg, Indiana. The site of the original Courthouse built in 1827 and occupied until 1854. In July 1863, the Decatur County Courthouse became a temporary armory while troops bivouacked on the courthouse lawn. The 7th Indiana Regimental Band had played weekly on the square before being militarized. The Decatur County Courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Photo Credit: Charles and Margret Marcy